Helpful things to consider and obtain before we meet.
Our guidance and support includes fulfilling the legal requirements relating to a death.
There are personal details about the deceased that Southern Highland Funerals will need from the family in order to register the death with Births, Deaths and Marriages.
We will need to have the following information:
- Deceased's Full Name and Address
- Occupation (if retired, their former occupation)
- Sex and age
- Date and place of death
- Date and place of birth
- Period of residence in Australia (if not born in Australia)
- Name of father (in full)
- Name of mother (in full) with maiden surname
- Deceased's marital status at time of death
- Where marriage took place, to whom and at what age
NB: These particulars are required for each marriage of the deceased.
- Names and ages of any children
- Type of pension the deceased may have
- Indigenous status